Zebra Skate Cake and Jurassic Park Cake

I've slowed down somewhat with cake making over the last few months as I've wanted to pursue other interests and directions in my life. For awhile there I was making a cake almost every weekend and it got a bit much so nowadays I'm pretty happy to have a cake every month or so because it's something I still very much enjoy when I get the time.

These are two cakes I have done over the holidays and I enjoyed both immensely. I've not done a lot of sculpted cakes and I do find them much harder than any other cake because once you cut - that's about it. Still, I was quite happy with the zebra skate cake I made for a gorgeous 8 year old girl at her request. This was not my design, the picture was sent to me and I replicated it.


Zebra Striped Cake - Salmela Family Cakes.


The second cake was for a friend's grandson who is clearly a Jurassic World fan. I have done a few cakes for this friend, either for anniversaries or birthdays and I'm always delighted in the outcome. Yet again, this is not my design but a design I found on the Internet. It was all completely hand made with fondant and I used stencils to cut out the Jurassic World logo.


Jurassic World Cake - Salmela Family Cakes.


So that's a wrap for January in the Salmela Family Cakes Kitchen. 



Comments

Popular Posts